I have been practicing ‘Bone Breathing meditation’ for a while now and has it done wonders?!! I feel more energetic and free of any aches and pains.
Bone breathing is a profound technique to strengthen the bones, reduce stress, encourage revitalizing sleep,increase immunity, boost energy and overall heal the body. It can be practiced anytime and is easy to learn.
Sit or stand in a comfortable position. Place three fingers (pointer, middle and ring) of each hand on your abdomen- a little below your navel. Take deep breaths visualizing that you are storing positive chi (energy) there. This exercise helps to gain energy and improve concentration.
Practice deep breathing filling in your lungs completely and emptying them completely as well. The ratio is 1:2 (inhale:exhale) Please go at a gentle pace and do not hyperventilate.
- To begin, bring yourself into a comfortable position, either sitting or lying down. Fingers are stretched open and relaxed. Inhale through the nose and take several deep breaths. Visualize abd feel the Universal energy around you.
- Intention is the key- Your intent is to absorb the Universal Energy in your bones/ bone marrow for your higher good and making your bones strong and absorbing positive energy.
- Next, bring your attention to the tips of your fingers on your left hand. You can even start with your toes. Feel the energy of your surroundings move through the skin and down into the bones — you should experience a sense of warmth/heaviness/tingling. Keep the breath rhythmic and deep. Continue to draw energy into all the bones of the hand and upwards into the wrists, forearms, upper arm and shoulders — visualizing your bones are like a sponge absorbing energy from all around you. Repeat with the right hand. Both hands can be visualized at the same time as well.
- Proceed by drawing energy into the scapulae, collarbone, sternum and ribs from both arms. Now, move your attention to your toes, moving energy up through both feet to the ankles, calves, knees, thighbones, pelvis and sacrum. You will then breath energy up the vertebra into the spinal column and skull. Lastly, breath energy into the whole body for a minimum of nine full breaths. The breaths can be less in number in the beginning. Now draw all the energy into the navel center and imagine “closing” it or just feeling it and absorbing it.
- Goal is for the bones to ‘breathe’ in and ‘out’
- This can be practiced with just one part of the body as well.
- Please stay still while practicing this and do dedicate some time for simply being in the position to absorb the energy.
- If possible, practice this with your tongue touching your top palette.
Frequent practice can make your bones stronger and gain back bone mass.